**as of May 6, 2021
Novelstorian (that’s me, Alyssa!) is currently accepting, at her own discretion, Ebooks, Audiobooks and print book ARCS for review consideration from publicists, authors, agents, etc.
First of all, thank you so much for visiting my blog. I am more than happy to accept Advanced Reader’s Copies (ARCs) and Review Copies of physical books, Audiobooks and E-books for review consideration. Please note the following as contacting me assumes you have read and agreed to these terms:
- I am always happy to hear from publishers and authors about books, but unfortunately, I cannot make guarantees about reviews. This blog is just a hobby and a place to spend my free time when I am not being a full-time student studying in university. As much as I love reading and writing reviews, my free time is limited.
- I will try to respond to all emails and messages within 72 hours.
- Please be aware that I will not be committing to review any book I receive. As much as I would love to write a review for every single book I receive for review, realistically my current situation as a student does not allow for that.
- All of my reviews are of my own personal opinion. I am aware that not every single person will share the same opinion as mine, so I hope you are aware too. My reviews will never be biased and I can guarantee honesty and transparency in all of my book reviews.
- That being said, I cannot promise to write about any book in a positive way. I will always be honest in my reviews and will state any problems I may have of the book.
- Most of the time, any personal opinions I may have of an author will not affect my book reviews— however, this is not a guarantee. I choose not to read books by authors that I find extremely problematic.
I do have my favourite genres and I generally gravitate towards certain books, however I do love to experiment and try out books that are out of my “comfort zone”. I mainly read fiction books, and will occasionally pick up a non-fiction book when the occasion calls for it. That being said, I do have my reading preferences:
- Thrillers– all sub-genres (especially Psychological and Domestic Thrillers)
- Detective Fiction
- Police Procedural
- Young Adult– all sub-genres; in particular:
- Contemporary Romance
- Graphic Novels
- True Crime
Formats I accept:
- Physical ARCs
- Ebook format
With each review request I will need the following information in order to make an informed decision:
- Detailed book summary
- Estimated release date
- Why you think I would enjoy this book or Why you would like me to consider reviewing this book
- Any additional expectations you may have
You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill up the contact form to send me a message. Please allow at least one to two business days for my response.
Here’s my current posting schedule:
MONDAY | Weekly Reading Update
TUESDAY | Book Review / Book Recommendations / On The Shelf
WEDNESDAY | Top 5 Wednesday
THURSDAY | Miscellaneous: Blog Post
FRIDAY | Book Review / Book Recommendations / On The Shelf
SATURDAY | Book Review
SUNDAY | Occasional Miscellaneous Blog Post
Star Ratings and their meanings:
★★★★★: I absolutely loved it! Would highly recommend it to you and your cat!
★★★★: I liked it.
★★★: There are some things that could have been better
★★: the cons outweigh the pros, unfortunately
Social Media Links:
For my Readers:
Novelstorian utilises some affiliate links which may generate a small commission from clicks that result in a purchase. Book Reviews that feature books gifted or sent to me by publishers and authors are disclosed in the first paragraph or the last paragraph of the book review post.
While I receive many books for review, I will always let you know where I got the book and give you my honest opinion regardless of the source.
I truly appreciate any interest! Thank you for considering me!
Happy Reading, Alyssa