Happy Friday (Monday), friends!
If you are a regular reader of this blog, you would’ve heard by now that I had fallen quite sick on Sunday. The next morning my mother encouraged me to take a COVID test, and lo and behold– I’ve got the virus. It was my first time catching the virus, and the rest of my morning was filled with sniffles, a fluctuating fever and lots of naps.
You would have also noticed that I missed posting one of my regular weekly blog posts this week. My Weekly Reading Updates are written every Monday morning because it makes it easier for me to recount everything that happened during the past week; however, because I’m feeling a little bit under the weather earlier this week, I was not able to do it.
That being said, I do have some good news– as I am typing out this blog post, I am feeling a lot better– like a lot. Aside from a lingering itchy throat and persistent cough, I’m doing much better.
Thank you for all your sweet messages, and for reaching out to make sure I was okay! ♡
Things That Happened This Week
- It Was Positive
The biggest update of this week is the fact that I got COVID.
And I know exactly how I caught it: My sister went on a school trip for 3 days. A couple days after she arrived back home, she was coughing a bit and had a slight fever (looking back, we should’ve self isolated her as soon as she arrived). Next thing you know, I had a fever and a horrid cold. Thanks sis.
I was quite disheartened to know that my 3-year streak of not catching the virus ended last Monday. RIP streak.
- I’m Reading Everything BUT The Books I “Planned” To Read
I have literally been moving Legendary and These Twisted Bonds to my weekly tbr for three weeks straight. I have no idea if I am even going to read it next week, so I’ll give it one more chance lol. If you’ve read any of the books, please let me know how you felt– you might be able to convince me to read them.
Blog Posts That Were Posted This Week
Books I Finished/Started This Week
What I Want To Read Next
Blogging Plans For Next Week
- Top 5 Wednesday Post
- Weekly Reading Update Post
- Featured Book Review
How was your week? Did you get any reading done?
Let me know in the comments below!
Follow Me On Social Media and Let’s Talk Books! :
- November 23rd: Long Titles | Top 5 WednesdayIt is time for another Top 5 Wednesday book blog post! Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea… Continue reading November 23rd: Long Titles | Top 5 Wednesday
- A Week Of Football Not Books | Weekly Reading Update (14/11/22-21/11/22)Happy Tuesday, friends! November is flying by so quickly, and the holiday season is creeping closer. Stores have been putting out their Christmas products, and London’s storefronts have been putting up their yearly Christmas window displays already (I am so excited to see what Harrods has come up with for this year!) Reading-wise, I had… Continue reading A Week Of Football Not Books | Weekly Reading Update (14/11/22-21/11/22)
- Your Next Read Is On This List: Thriller Edition | Book RecommendationsI was inspired by this Goodreads blog post titled ‘Pick Your Poison with These Mystery Subgenre Suggestions’. Thrillers are one of my favourite genres of books and films. I can always count on a thriller novel to not only keep me invested in a book, but also thriller books have always been my go-to genre… Continue reading Your Next Read Is On This List: Thriller Edition | Book Recommendations
- November 16th: Young Reads | Top 5 WednesdayIt is time for another Top 5 Wednesday book blog post! Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea… Continue reading November 16th: Young Reads | Top 5 Wednesday
- The One Where Whatever Happens in the Ice Rink Stays in the Ice Rink: Icebreaker by Hannah GraceHello, friends! I am back with another book review, and this time, it’s for a romance novel! I think it has been a while since I posted a full, in-depth book review for a romance novel. I only write book reviews for books that; 1.) I reallyyyy enjoyed, or 2.) for a book that I… Continue reading The One Where Whatever Happens in the Ice Rink Stays in the Ice Rink: Icebreaker by Hannah Grace