The more books I add to my tbr, the more 5 stars predictions! As such, I thought it would be fitting to add another post to this new series!
As the title implies, I’ll be listing a couple tbr books that I predict are going to be 5-star reads. This could be because it’s a highly recommend book, maybe it’s because of intriguing synopsis, or it could be because it’s from an author I’ve read from before and really loved their previous work. I’d like to think that I know myself pretty well to predict what a good book would be before I’ve even read it. That being said, I am a “mood-reader” so that may sometimes affect my reading— really this is just a test to see how well I know my reading tastes! (lol)
You can check out the first instalment of this series here: 5 Star Predictions | On The Shelf
Forget Me Not by Karissa Kinword
- This is one of the latest additions to my tbr. The only reason why I predict this book to be a 5-star read is because a lot of my bookish friends online (especially on Goodreads) have all rated this book 4-5 stars. I also heard the romance here is worth reading, so that is another plus!
After years of forming an intimate bond with a mysterious man every time she closes her eyes to dream, a young woman, Eliza, forces herself to find a fulfilling life outside the confines of her own mind. Along with her partner Logan, she roams the safely discovered planets and moons of a newly traversable galaxy by inter-galactic transport, centuries after the evacuation of humans from Earth to a new home, Otera.
Silas, the unknown man in Eliza’s dreams has spent most of his life as a contract pirate, formally known as a Mako, mining the unexplored lands of dangerous moons to earn a living. Having dreamt about a woman he’s never met every night for as long as he can remember, Silas has never allowed himself a relationship that reaches beyond physical: confident that one day, he would find the woman in his fantasies somewhere in the universe. With Silas returning to the Otera following a final job for a man to which he owes a debt; and Eliza heading back home after visiting the Glade moon with her partner– the two come face to face as both of their connection pods land on a transport vessel heading in the same direction.
Forced into the same proximity for the duration of travel, they struggle to understand what it means for them to finally meet when the universe seems to be pulling them both in different directions. Eliza, attached to, and traveling with her long-term partner. And Silas, fulfilling a dangerous deal with a crime syndicate with whom he has a past.
When the pair bond over their shared love for forgotten Earth-age classic literature, and the ways in which each have fallen in love with the other in their dreams, Eliza is torn between the life she’s always known on the Otera with her partner, and the infinite possibility of a future with the man she knows is her soulmate.
Once Upon a Broken Heart (Once Upon a Broken Heart #1) by Stephanie Garber
- I recently started the Caraval series by the same author and really enjoyed the first book (currently waiting for my copy of Legendary to arrive so I begin the second book). I really love how imaginative the author is, and I absolutely adore her writing. I cannot wait to start another one of her series.
From Stephanie Garber, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Caraval, Once Upon a Broken Heart is the first book in a new series about love, curses, and the lengths that people will go to for happily ever after.
Evangeline Fox was raised in her beloved father’s curiosity shop, where she grew up on legends about immortals, like the tragic Prince of Hearts. She knows his powers are mythic, his kiss is worth dying for, and that bargains with him rarely end well.
But when Evangeline learns that the love of her life is about to marry another, she becomes desperate enough to offer the Prince of Hearts whatever he wants in exchange for his help to stop the wedding. The prince only asks for three kisses. But after Evangeline’s first promised kiss, she learns that the Prince of Hearts wants far more from her than she’s pledged. And he has plans for Evangeline that will either end in the greatest happily ever after, or the most exquisite tragedy…
Ace of Spades by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé
- I’ve had this book on my tbr for a while, and I have heard lots of raving reviews about it. The only reason why I have not read it is because I want to lower my own expectations before diving in. I also haven’t read a YA mystery/ thriller in a while, and I’ve heard this one is one of the best in the genre.
Gossip Girl meets Get Out in Ace of Spades, a YA contemporary thriller by debut author Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé about two students, Devon & Chiamaka, and their struggles against an anonymous bully.
When two Niveus Private Academy students, Devon Richards and Chiamaka Adebayo, are selected to be part of the elite school’s senior class prefects, it looks like their year is off to an amazing start. After all, not only does it look great on college applications, but it officially puts each of them in the running for valedictorian, too.
Shortly after the announcement is made, though, someone who goes by Aces begins using anonymous text messages to reveal secrets about the two of them that turn their lives upside down and threaten every aspect of their carefully planned futures.
As Aces shows no sign of stopping, what seemed like a sick prank quickly turns into a dangerous game, with all the cards stacked against them. Can Devon and Chiamaka stop Aces before things become incredibly deadly?
With heart-pounding suspense and relevant social commentary comes a high-octane thriller from debut author Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé.
Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- The synopsis alone makes me want to rate this 5-stars. I am so excited to read this– the drama, the romance…everything!
Her story is a phenomenon. Her life is a disaster.
In the real world, Eliza Mirk is shy, weird, and friendless. Online, she’s LadyConstellation, the anonymous creator of the wildly popular webcomic Monstrous Sea. Eliza can’t imagine enjoying the real world as much as she loves the online one, and she has no desire to try.
Then Wallace Warland, Monstrous Sea’s biggest fanfiction writer, transfers to her school. Wallace thinks Eliza is just another fan, and as he draws her out of her shell, she begins to wonder if a life offline might be worthwhile.
But when Eliza’s secret is accidentally shared with the world, everything she’s built—her story, her relationship with Wallace, and even her sanity—begins to fall apart.
What are some of your 5 star book predictions? Any recommendations for books that YOU rated 5-stars?
Let me know in the comments below!
Follow me on social media and let’s talk books! :
Read More :
- FairyLoot June 2022 YA Box Unboxing | Bookish ReviewHey, friends. It’s that time of the month again. Another month, another Fairyloot box review. FairyLoot’s theme for June 2022 is CHOSEN ONES!! Here’s what they say about what this month’s box features: The weight of the world is heavy, but some are chosen to carry this burden to protect others. This box is dedicated… Continue reading FairyLoot June 2022 YA Box Unboxing | Bookish Review
- I Added Some More Books To The TBR | New On The ShelfHappy Monday, friends! I decided to mix things up this weeks. Instead of my usual Weekly Reading Update post, I thought I would replace it with another addition to one of my current blog series instead. I haven’t been up to anything interesting last week, nor have I been reading much, so I hope you… Continue reading I Added Some More Books To The TBR | New On The Shelf
- New YA Books Alert | New On The ShelfHappy Thursday, friends! It’s been a while since I did another episode of On the Shelf, so I am back today with another one! I always love hearing about the books that people have recently discovered and added to their tbr, so if you have any new additions to your TBR, please feel free to share… Continue reading New YA Books Alert | New On The Shelf
- August 2022 Book Releases | Most AnticipatedHey, everyone! We have now reached the month of August and you know what that means… A new month = new book releases! In contrast to last month’s Most Anticipated Book Releases list, which has been one of shortest list of book releases that I have ever had on this blog, this month seems to be extra… Continue reading August 2022 Book Releases | Most Anticipated
- The One About A Badass Female: Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid #1) by Allison Brennan | Book ReviewHi, friends! Today is another day to talk about a book. Today’s book review features one of my favourite kinds of female characters– a fighter despite a complicated, harsh backstory. I’ve been in the mood more crime novels these days because they are usually quick, easy reads that transport readers straight to the middle of… Continue reading The One About A Badass Female: Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid #1) by Allison Brennan | Book Review