Happy Monday, friends! We are officially in the first week of July 2022!
Reading wise, I would say that I had a productive week in terms of how many books I read, as well as blog posts that I have already written out and are waiting to be published. Outside of reading, it’s been a hectic last few days of revising, exams and the celebrations (more on this in the life update section of this Weekly Reading Update post)
I hope you all had an equally good reading week last week, and I cannot wait to hear all about what you have done during the last week– book related or not.
Things That Happened This Week
- Scheduled Reading time
I have figured out how to get more reading time during the week…by setting out a schedule. I managed to squeeze in time to read in between revising by being kinder on myself and not revising for 6 hours straight. Because the next couple of exams are slight less stressful (aka they are modules I actually like and can comprehended) I’ve been giving myself more breaks in between revision.
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Not to be a royalist, but Britain celebrated the fact that our Queen Elizabeth has dedicated 70 years of service. I think regardless of what occupation you are in, being in the same job/position for 70 years is pretty impressive. I was in my university town at the time, but my friends and I had our own little backyard picnic and the weather was absolutely lovely!
My parents told me there were big crowds in central London, and from the pictures I saw online, it was hard to dispute!
- Sister Came Over For A Visit
Sister came all the way from London (with a small, but heavy luggage) to stay with me for a couple of days. I showed her around my little city, ate some delicious food, and she was a great help with the weekly groceries (it’s what little sisters are for for eh?).
Blog Posts That Were Posted This Week
June 2, 2022: June 2022 Book Releases | Most Anticipated
Books I Finished/Started This Week
What I Want To Read Next
Blogging Plans For Next Week
- Top 5 Wednesday Post
- Weekly Reading Update Post
- In Between The Lines Blog Post (New Blog Post Series!)
- FairyLoot May Box Unboxing/Review
How was your week? Did you get any reading done?
Let me know in the comments below!
Follow Me On Social Media and Let’s Talk Books! :
Read More :
- November 23rd: Long Titles | Top 5 WednesdayIt is time for another Top 5 Wednesday book blog post! Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea… Continue reading November 23rd: Long Titles | Top 5 Wednesday
- A Week Of Football Not Books | Weekly Reading Update (14/11/22-21/11/22)Happy Tuesday, friends! November is flying by so quickly, and the holiday season is creeping closer. Stores have been putting out their Christmas products, and London’s storefronts have been putting up their yearly Christmas window displays already (I am so excited to see what Harrods has come up with for this year!) Reading-wise, I had… Continue reading A Week Of Football Not Books | Weekly Reading Update (14/11/22-21/11/22)
- Your Next Read Is On This List: Thriller Edition | Book RecommendationsI was inspired by this Goodreads blog post titled ‘Pick Your Poison with These Mystery Subgenre Suggestions’. Thrillers are one of my favourite genres of books and films. I can always count on a thriller novel to not only keep me invested in a book, but also thriller books have always been my go-to genre… Continue reading Your Next Read Is On This List: Thriller Edition | Book Recommendations
- November 16th: Young Reads | Top 5 WednesdayIt is time for another Top 5 Wednesday book blog post! Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea… Continue reading November 16th: Young Reads | Top 5 Wednesday
- The One Where Whatever Happens in the Ice Rink Stays in the Ice Rink: Icebreaker by Hannah GraceHello, friends! I am back with another book review, and this time, it’s for a romance novel! I think it has been a while since I posted a full, in-depth book review for a romance novel. I only write book reviews for books that; 1.) I reallyyyy enjoyed, or 2.) for a book that I… Continue reading The One Where Whatever Happens in the Ice Rink Stays in the Ice Rink: Icebreaker by Hannah Grace