On The Shelf is a new series on my blog where I would list the latest additions to my TBR (To-Be-Read pile)— on NetGalley, Kindle, and my physical bookshelf. I thought this would be a fun idea because I add lots of new books to my TBR/wishlist, new books that I had not heard of yet, and I love seeing what books other readers have discovered recently.
You can check out the first blog post of this series here
These days I’ve been wanting to read more non-fiction books, so for the first time ever (I think!), I will be featuring some non-fiction books on this blog!
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1)
by Rick Riordan
My sister as been hounding me about reading the Percy Jackson series ever since she started it years ago (I apologise for exposing you Ab, but this is probably the only books she’s read in years— including the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series lol.)
I think the only reason why I haven’t read it or added it to my tbr unit now is because I was never really into Greek Mythology (I was more of an Egyptian Mythology kind-of-girl); but, there’s a first time for everything!
Stay tuned for the April book haul post soon because there’s a little surprise in there lol.
The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy #1)
by S.A. Chakraborty
I can’t remember where exactly I found this book— probably through a book recommendation list— but I do remember being so intrigued by the synopsis that I immediately added it to my Goodreads tbr.
Also, I’ve been on a fantasy book kick at the moment (if you can’t tell from my current reads)
Cannot wait to start another fantasy series!
We Were Liars (We Were Liars #1)
by E. Lockhart
This one I’ve already read…years ago. I’m pretty sure I have the physical copy back in Manila. But I can’t remember what it was about or any specific detail about this book. However, I do remember really enjoying the book (so why can’t I remember anything? I don’t know, which is kind of concerning). I hope I end up loving this book on this technically re-read/first-time-read-because-I-don’t-remember-anything.
Also there’s prequel(I think) coming out soon so even more of a reason to read/re-read this book!
The Woman They Could Not Silence: One Woman, Her Incredible Fight for Freedom, and the Men Who Tried to Make Her Disappear
by Kate Moore
The title says it all.
Also I need to read more non-fiction. One of my reading goals for the year is to read at least 5 non-fiction books this year.
Book of Night
by Holly Black
I’ve read one of Holly Black’s books recently, Coldest Girl in Coldtown, and really enjoyed it. This is one of her latest releases, so I want to read more from this author. The synopsis seemed really intriguing (and it’s Adult Fantasy!), so I’m super excited too read more of her work.
What books have caught your attention recently? Any recommendations for me?
Let me know in the comments below!
Follow Me On Social Media and Let’s Talk Books! :
Read More! :
- A Book-less Reading Week | Weekly Reading UpdateHappy Monday, friends! Hope everyone had a great week last week. This week I’ve had to schedule my reading around my other errands since this week I’ve been practically swamped with other things to do. Luckily, I did manage to finish a book, which is always better than nothing at all. I hope everyone has… Continue reading A Book-less Reading Week | Weekly Reading Update
- Oscar’s Red Carpet Dresses and Their Book Vibes | Reading Between the LinesI watched this year’s 95th Academy Awards Oscars live, and surprisingly enjoyed a lot of the looks that the celebrities turned up in. Among all the award season carpets we have had this season, the Oscars was, in my opinion, the best in terms of fashion (this is coming from someone who wears very, very… Continue reading Oscar’s Red Carpet Dresses and Their Book Vibes | Reading Between the Lines
- The Killer One | First Lines FridaysHappy Friday, friends! I hope you all had a great weekday anybody else super excited for the weekend? I decided to jump on, yet another, book tag(?) trend– First Lines Fridays. First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its… Continue reading The Killer One | First Lines Fridays
- 5 Banned Books by Female Authors | Novelstorian RecommendationsIt’s still March, so it is still International Women’s Month. This time, we’ll be focusing on the books that have been taken off bookshelves in bookstores, and off of library shelves for multiple reasons. Books are challenged for any number of reasons, including content that is too violent or sexually explicit; language that is offensive;… Continue reading 5 Banned Books by Female Authors | Novelstorian Recommendations
- March 22nd: Biographies | Top 5 (not really) WednesdayTop 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea to have weekly books related prompts that I could answer and… Continue reading March 22nd: Biographies | Top 5 (not really) Wednesday
3 thoughts on “Books I Recently Added To My TBR | No Shelf Control”
Oooo so excited to see you’ve added The City of Brass! I’m holding a candle to that series as one of the best fantasies I’ve read so far and I hope you like it too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yayyy! Now I’m REALLY excited to read it!
[…] April 26: Books I Recently Added To My TBR | New On The Shelf […]