This is a very late blog post.
I know, but I still want to post it because it has been sitting in my drafts, collecting dust, and it would be an absolute travesty for me to hide the content’s of this month’s box from you all.
I cannot describe to you how excited I was for the August box based on the theme alone. The Fairyloot August 2021 theme is ‘Lovestruck’, and box promises to feature items “inspired by Cemetary Boys, Caraval, These Violent Delights and A River of Royal Blood”. Even better than that, Fairyloot announced that the August box will include not one book, but TWO books!
Two books in one box? Take my card!
After getting the notification from the delivery man that the box is waiting patiently outside our front door, I immediately grabbed the box and rushed to my room so;
1.) My Dad does not see yet another bookish delivery;
and 2.) I cannot wait any long to open the box and find out what this month’s book will be.
And I was not disappointed.
Let’s unbox the August Fairyloot Box together!
Then we have a beautiful enamel pin
The bonus book is ‘Afterlove’ by Tanya Byrne.
Then we have this month’s Fairyloot Exclusive Collectable Tarot cards inspired by Caraval by Stephanie Garber.
Inside the signature Fairyloot dust-string black bag is the monthly ‘Fairyscoop’, a bookmark with the artwork of this month’s theme as well as a letter from the author.
Finally, the item that we’ve all been waiting for: The Book of the Month.
Fairyloot’s book of the month for August 2021 is…
‘These Hollow Vows’ by Lexi Ryan
The Fairyloot edition of ‘These Hollow Vows’ is quite simple, but still really beautiful. The FairyLoot exclusive edition has an exclusive cover, stencil & sprayed edges, artwork on the reverse of the dust jacket by @sashac_art and is signed by the author. This edition includes a letter from the author, and beautiful artwork on the other side of the front cover sleeve.
Final thoughts on this month’s box:
- This month’s exclusive edition features were alright. I’m not really a fan of artwork on the inside of the cover sleeve because you can’t really see it (unless you remove the dust jacket and reverse it), and the stencil edges were a bit too simple in my opinion (but still nice!).
- The items were actually pretty useable as it is (except the pin. I’m not really a fan of enamel pins or badges in general).
- Favourite item: The pouch! I really like pouches to keep things organised and I like the design and print of this one!
FairyLoot February Box: 7/10
What are you favourite things to receive in book boxes?
Let me know in the comments below!
Follow me on social media and let’s talk books! :
Read More! :
- The One About A Girl In A Satellite: Cress by Marissa Meyer | Book ReviewHi everyone! I’m back with another book review! This is the third instalment to the Lunar Chronicles, and it is just as good as the first two! There are some spoilers coming up, so if you don’t want to know the details then please stop reading here and come back when you’ve read it. Cress… Continue reading The One About A Girl In A Satellite: Cress by Marissa Meyer | Book Review
- A Disrupted Reading Week | Weekly Reading Update (20/6/22-27/6/22)Happy Monday, friends! My week was pretty much spent doing everything BUT reading. I did not finish any book this week, so this reading update will be pretty much bare for the most part. However, I did start one book as I am writing this blog post, and have yet to finish it. Instead, I… Continue reading A Disrupted Reading Week | Weekly Reading Update (20/6/22-27/6/22)
- 5 Star Predictions #2 | On the ShelfThe more books I add to my tbr, the more 5 stars predictions! As such, I thought it would be fitting to add another post to this new series! As the title implies, I’ll be listing a couple tbr books that I predict are going to be 5-star reads. This could be because it’s a… Continue reading 5 Star Predictions #2 | On the Shelf
- June 22: Worth the Hype | Top 5 WednesdayTop 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea to have weekly books related prompts that I could answer and… Continue reading June 22: Worth the Hype | Top 5 Wednesday
- FairyLoot May 2022 YA Box Unboxing | Bookish ReviewHey, friends. It’s that time of the month again. Another month, another Fairyloot box review! I have been so excited to receive this book ever since the spoiler was posted on their official account. FairyLoot’s theme for May 2022 is CLOAK & DAGGER! Here’s what they say about what this month’s box features: “We are… Continue reading FairyLoot May 2022 YA Box Unboxing | Bookish Review