On The Shelf is a new series on my blog where I would list the latest additions to my TBR (To-Be-Read pile), both on NetGalley and my physical bookshelf. I thought this would be a fun idea because I add lots of new books to my TBR/wishlist, new books that I had not heard of yet, and I love seeing what books other readers have discovered recently.
If you don’t know what NetGalley is; “NetGalley helps publishers and authors promote digital review copies to book advocates and industry professionals. Publishers make digital review copies and audiobooks available for the NetGalley community to discover, request, read, and review.”
NetGalley is a great way to access free eARCs (Advanced Reader’s Copies) to read, review and help promote upcoming book releases.
Anyway, back to the topic of this blog post
Imagine my surprise when I received the NetGalley approval emails for the titles in my inbox one morning. Considering the fact that these two authors are fairly popular, and in addition to that, both the books were in the “Most Requested” section of the catalogue; I assumed my chances of getting approved for both titles were zero to none.
However, I decided to send in my request anyway because why not— you never know unless you try. The worst thing that could happen when requesting a book on NetGalley is a rejection but that only means you can request other books.
These Twisted Bonds (These Hollow Vows #2)
by Lexi Ryan
In this thrilling conclusion to These Hollow Vows—the sexy, action-packed fantasy by New York Times best-selling author Lexi Ryan that started it all—Brie finds herself caught between two princes and two destinies while the future of the fae realm hangs in the balance.
After Abriella’s sister was sold to the fae, she thought life couldn’t get any worse. But when she suddenly finds herself caught in a web of lies of her own making - loving two princes and trusting neither – things are not quite as clear as she once thought.
As civil war wages in the Court of Darkness, Brie finds herself unable to choose a side. How can she know where she stands when she doesn’t even know herself anymore? In this darkly romantic thrill ride, the more Faerie is torn apart from the inside, the clearer it becomes that prophecies don’t lie and Brie has a role to play in the fate of this magical realm – whether she likes it or not.
by Emily Henry
One summer. Two rivals. A plot twist they didn’t see coming…
Nora is a cut-throat literary agent at the top of her game. Her whole life is books.
Charlie is an editor with a gift for creating bestsellers. And he’s Nora’s work nemesis.
Nora has been through enough break-ups to know she’s the woman men date before they find their happy-ever-after. That’s why Nora’s sister has persuaded her to swap her desk in the city for a month’s holiday in Sunshine Falls, North Carolina. It’s a small town straight out of a romance novel, but instead of meeting sexy lumberjacks, handsome doctors or cute bartenders, Nora keeps bumping into…Charlie.
She’s no heroine. He’s no hero. So can they take a page out of an entirely different book?
I am so excited to read and review these books soon! Thank you to NetGalley and the Publishers for accepting my requests for these books.
NetGalley tip: One of the most important requirements for a successful eARC (electronic Advanced Readers Copies) approval is a high feedback ratio. NetGalley recommends having at least 80% feedback ratio before requesting books— especially the more highly requested titles. The higher the feedback ratio, the better chance of being approved for an ARC of the book that you want.
Have you added any new books to your TBR lately?
Let me know in the comments below!
Find me on social media and let’s talk books! :
Read More! :
- June 2023 Upcoming Book Releases | Most Anticipated BooksHey, friends! A new month = new book releases! This month’s Most Anticipated list might be the shortest list of book releases that I have ever had on this blog– which might be a good thing, considering I still have a mile long TBR (to-be-read) list. That being said, I am so excited for lot’s of… Continue reading June 2023 Upcoming Book Releases | Most Anticipated Books
- The One About A Girl Who Was Bitten By A Wolf: Such White Teeth by Rachel Harrison | Book ReviewHappy Tuesday, friends! I am here with a book review of a book that I was kindly invited to read and review Rachel Harrison’s latest book release. Thank you so much to Titan books for sending me a copy to read & review, and for giving me the opportunity to part in the instagram tour. I would… Continue reading The One About A Girl Who Was Bitten By A Wolf: Such White Teeth by Rachel Harrison | Book Review
- Romance Tropes pt. 2 | Book RecommendationsHappy Tuesday, friends! I am back with another Book Recommendations blog post– but this time with a twist! In this blog post, I will recommending books solely based on the tropes they have in them. These days you can find people recommending books based on whatever popular book trope is trending on social media– usually on Tiktok… Continue reading Romance Tropes pt. 2 | Book Recommendations
- May 17th: Mysteries | Top 5 WednesdayTop 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea to have weekly books related prompts that I could answer and… Continue reading May 17th: Mysteries | Top 5 Wednesday
- May 2023 Upcoming Book Releases | Most Anticipated BooksHey, friends! I know we have already reached the middle of the month of May but I still wanted to share my blog posts about books which YOU should look out for. A new month = new book releases! This month’s Most Anticipated list might be the shortest list of book releases that I have ever… Continue reading May 2023 Upcoming Book Releases | Most Anticipated Books
4 thoughts on “Surprised I Got Approved For These Books: NetGalley TBR | On The Shelf”
Congrats on getting both of those!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Super excited to read these!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] Surprised I Got Approved For These Books: NetGalley TBR | On The Shelf […]