Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea to have weekly books related prompts that I could answer and share with all of you.
This week’s prompt:
March 23rd: First in Series
Whether you’re a fan of short or long series (or both!), most readers prefer to dive into a series. However, where does one even start with how many book series there are?! To “help a friend out,” what are some first in book series you would recommend to friends?
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Only A Monster by Vanessa Len
3. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
5. Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
These were all great first books in a series. I would highly recommend them all!
What are some of your favourite first books in a series?
Let me know in the comments below!
Follow me on social media and let’s talk books! :
Read More! :
- A Book-less Reading Week | Weekly Reading UpdateHappy Monday, friends! Hope everyone had a great week last week. This week I’ve had to schedule my reading around my other errands since this week I’ve been practically swamped with other things to do. Luckily, I did manage to finish a book, which is always better than nothing at all. I hope everyone has… Continue reading A Book-less Reading Week | Weekly Reading Update
- Oscar’s Red Carpet Dresses and Their Book Vibes | Reading Between the LinesI watched this year’s 95th Academy Awards Oscars live, and surprisingly enjoyed a lot of the looks that the celebrities turned up in. Among all the award season carpets we have had this season, the Oscars was, in my opinion, the best in terms of fashion (this is coming from someone who wears very, very… Continue reading Oscar’s Red Carpet Dresses and Their Book Vibes | Reading Between the Lines
- The Killer One | First Lines FridaysHappy Friday, friends! I hope you all had a great weekday anybody else super excited for the weekend? I decided to jump on, yet another, book tag(?) trend– First Lines Fridays. First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its… Continue reading The Killer One | First Lines Fridays
- 5 Banned Books by Female Authors | Novelstorian RecommendationsIt’s still March, so it is still International Women’s Month. This time, we’ll be focusing on the books that have been taken off bookshelves in bookstores, and off of library shelves for multiple reasons. Books are challenged for any number of reasons, including content that is too violent or sexually explicit; language that is offensive;… Continue reading 5 Banned Books by Female Authors | Novelstorian Recommendations
- March 22nd: Biographies | Top 5 (not really) WednesdayTop 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea to have weekly books related prompts that I could answer and… Continue reading March 22nd: Biographies | Top 5 (not really) Wednesday
5 thoughts on “First in the Series | Top 5 Wednesday (March 23 2022)”
I forgot about Cinder when I was making my list. Another great series.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oooo I’d love to check out your list too! Loved Cinder and The Lunar Chronicle series
I feel like Cinder is one I should have already read because it’s right up my alley, but I have been SO slow picking it up! Definitely need to boost it back up on my TBR after seeing it on your list!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I would highly recommend it! I went into it with no expectations, and it ended up being one of my favourite YA Fantasy book series! Hope you enjoy it!
[…] First in the Series | Top 5 Wednesday (March 23 2022) […]