On The Shelf is a new series on my blog where I would list the latest additions to my TBR (To-Be-Read pile), both on NetGalley and my physical bookshelf. I thought this would be a fun idea because I add lots of new books to my TBR/wishlist, new books that I had not heard of yet, and I love seeing what books other readers have discovered recently.
The first post in this series will be focused on all the books that are currently on my NetGally shelf.
If you don’t know what NetGalley is; “NetGalley helps publishers and authors promote digital review copies to book advocates and industry professionals. Publishers make digital review copies and audiobooks available for the NetGalley community to discover, request, read, and review.”
NetGalley is a great way to access free eARCs (Advanced Reader’s Copies) to read, review and help promote upcoming book releases.
by Peter Swanson
If you’re on the list you’re marked for death.
The envelope is unremarkable. There is no return address. It contains a single, folded, sheet of white paper.
The envelope drops through the mail slot like any other piece of post. But for the nine complete strangers who receive it – each of them recognising just one name, their own, on the enclosed list – it will be the most life altering letter they ever receive. It could also be the last, as one by one, they start to meet their end.
Published March 3rd 2022 by Faber Faber
Bound by Murder (Antique Bookshop Mystery #3)
by Laura Gail Black
For fans of Ellery Adams and Paige Shelton, the wedding can’t go on when the bride is found murdered—but can love still win the day in this third installment of Laura Gail Black’s cozy series.
The birds are singing, books are selling, and the Hokes Bluff Inn has begun to host weddings on its property. Antiquarian bookseller Jenna Quinn loves the romance in the air—until her ex-fiancé, Blake Emerson, walks in with his bride-to-be, Missy Plott. Blake continues to profess his love for Jenna if she’ll have him back, no matter the consequences. And the consequences are grave, indeed, when Missy turns up dead.
All evidence points to Blake, who was the last one to see her alive. He begs Jenna to help him clear his name. Blake’s mother, Cordelia, is also bent on exonerating her son. Jenna doesn’t believe that Blake could have killed Missy, and she starts digging for suspects. It could have been Missy’s ex-boyfriend, who proclaims a love for her he says only death could sever. Or might it have been Missy’s bitter “best friend,” who was secretly besotted with Missy’s ex.Then, the police find evidence from a cold case years before—a case that had falsely implicated Jenna herself. Cordelia continues to beg Jenna to help prove her son’s innocence. Could Blake truly be innocent?
Jenna’s life is on the line in a final confrontation that will either prove Blake’s innocence—or damn them both.
Expected publication: September 6th 2022
A Brush with Love
by Mazey Eddings
Harper is anxiously awaiting placement into a top oral surgery residency program when she crashes (literally) into Dan. Harper would rather endure a Novocaine-free root canal than face any distractions, even one this adorable.
A first-year dental student with a family legacy to contend with, Dan doesn’t have the same passion for pulling teeth that Harper does. Though he finds himself falling for her, he is willing to play by Harper’s rules.
So with the greatest of intentions and the poorest of follow-throughs, the two set out to be “just friends.” But as they get to know each other better, Harper fears that trading fillings for feelings may make her lose control and can’t risk her carefully ordered life coming undone, no matter how drool-worthy Dan is.
Blood, gore, and extra-long roots? No problem. The idea of falling in love? Torture.
Published March 1st 2022 by St. Martin’s Griffin
I am so excited to read and review these books soon! Thank you to NetGalley and the Publishers for accepting my requests for these books.
Have you added any new books to your TBR lately?
Let me know in the comments below!
Find me on social media and let’s talk books! :
- November 23rd: Long Titles | Top 5 WednesdayIt is time for another Top 5 Wednesday book blog post! Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea… Continue reading November 23rd: Long Titles | Top 5 Wednesday
- A Week Of Football Not Books | Weekly Reading Update (14/11/22-21/11/22)Happy Tuesday, friends! November is flying by so quickly, and the holiday season is creeping closer. Stores have been putting out their Christmas products, and London’s storefronts have been putting up their yearly Christmas window displays already (I am so excited to see what Harrods has come up with for this year!) Reading-wise, I had… Continue reading A Week Of Football Not Books | Weekly Reading Update (14/11/22-21/11/22)
- Your Next Read Is On This List: Thriller Edition | Book RecommendationsI was inspired by this Goodreads blog post titled ‘Pick Your Poison with These Mystery Subgenre Suggestions’. Thrillers are one of my favourite genres of books and films. I can always count on a thriller novel to not only keep me invested in a book, but also thriller books have always been my go-to genre… Continue reading Your Next Read Is On This List: Thriller Edition | Book Recommendations
- November 16th: Young Reads | Top 5 WednesdayIt is time for another Top 5 Wednesday book blog post! Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought it was such a fun idea… Continue reading November 16th: Young Reads | Top 5 Wednesday
- The One Where Whatever Happens in the Ice Rink Stays in the Ice Rink: Icebreaker by Hannah GraceHello, friends! I am back with another book review, and this time, it’s for a romance novel! I think it has been a while since I posted a full, in-depth book review for a romance novel. I only write book reviews for books that; 1.) I reallyyyy enjoyed, or 2.) for a book that I… Continue reading The One Where Whatever Happens in the Ice Rink Stays in the Ice Rink: Icebreaker by Hannah Grace