October 2021’s theme was BROKEN HEARTS!
“How far would you go for a happily ever after? What would you do if you couldn’t get it? This theme is about the broken hearted… and what they would do to get their perfect ending.”
FairyLoot teased that items inside the box will be inspired by Addie LaRue, Kingdom of the Wicked, Lore, We Set The Dark on Fire, and of course, the featured book of the month.
Trinket dish is a new collectable item in the FairyLoot boxes. Each trinket dish will feature a new character illustrated by @arz28
This character trinket dish is a new collectable item in the FairyLoot boxes. Each trinket dish will feature a new character illustrated by @arz28
Blanket inspired by ‘Kingdom of the Wicked’ by Kerri Maniscalco.
This cosy and soft fleece blanket was designed by @forensicsandflowers
Postcard featuring a quote from ‘We Set The Dark on Fire’ by Tehlor Kay Mejia
This postcard was designed by @kdpletters. It features a beautiful illustration and made with good quality paper.
Foiled Character Cards set inspired by ‘Once Upon a Broken Heart’ by Stephanie Garber
8 beautifully illustrated and foiled character cards illustrated by @morgana0anagrom
Collectable Tarot cards feature Tarasai and Dayo from ‘Raybearer’ by Jordan Ifueko
These were designed by @Igions feature Tarasai and Dayo from ‘Raybearer’ by Jordan Ifueko.
- Missing Item: Keychain inspired by ‘Lore’ by Alexandra Bracken and designed by @ironandinkdesigns
Book of the Month: ‘Once Upon a Broken Heart’ by Stephanie Garber
This exclusive FairyLoot edition comes with:
- An exclusive cover
- Embossing on hardcover by @rosiethorns88
- Endpaper artwork by @aleikats2-colour stencilled edges
- Artwork on dust jacket by @rosiethorns88
- Exclusive bonus content
- Signed by the Author
Once Upon a Broken Heart
How far would you go for happily ever after?
For as long as she can remember, Evangeline Fox has believed in true love and happy endings…until she learns that the love of her life will marry another.
Desperate to stop the wedding and to heal her wounded heart, Evangeline strikes a deal with the charismatic but wicked Prince of Hearts. In exchange for his help, he asks for three kisses, to be given at the time and place of his choosing.
But after Evangeline’s first promised kiss, she learns that bargaining with an immortal is a dangerous game—and that the Prince of Hearts wants far more from her than she’d pledged. He has plans for Evangeline, plans that will either end in the greatest happily ever after or the most exquisite tragedy….
- This was a pretty disappointing box to be honest. Most of the bookish items weren’t anything too exciting.
- However, the trinket dish might be the only redeeming item that I actually love and will use (I was actually looking to buy a trinket dish, so it was a nice surprise to find this in the box)
- The fact that there’s a missing item automatically deducts a point. I was told that most UK subscribers have missed out on the item as well. I was emailed and told that the item should arrive with the December box.
- I don’t really like paper items in box subscription boxes in general, things like art prints or postcards, so the postcard was practically useless to me.
- The blanket is nice. Made of good quality, soft material. I like it and the print is cool.
- This month’s exclusive edition book is beautiful— probably one of the prettiest books on my bookshelves. The sprayed edges, the embossing, the cover design– *chef’s kiss*
Final Rating: 5/10
What do you think of this month’s Fairyloot Box?
Are you currently subscribed to any book box subscriptions? How was your experienced with it, let me know in the comments below!
Follow me on social media and let’s talk books! :
Read More! :
- 5 Star Predictions | On The ShelfI thought I’d start yet another series on this blog: A 5-Star Predictions Book List! As the title implies, I’ll be listing a couple tbr books that I predict are going to be 5-star reads. This could be because it’s a highly recommend book, maybe it’s because of intriguing synopsis, or it could be because… Continue reading 5 Star Predictions | On The Shelf
- Mothers in Books | Top 5 WednesdayThis post was last week’s prompt— I missed it, but I still wanted to do it (lol!) Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads, so head over to Goodreads to join the group and keep up with all the topics for the month. I thought… Continue reading Mothers in Books | Top 5 Wednesday
- What I Read In April 2022 | Monthly Reading Wrap-UpI’ve been so behind when it comes to posting on this blog. If you are a regular reader, you would know that I have been focused on revision and my final exams, so I have not been posting as frequently as I would’ve liked– hence why this Month Reading Wrap-Up is a little late (we… Continue reading What I Read In April 2022 | Monthly Reading Wrap-Up
- FairyLoot April 2022 YA Box Unboxing | Bookish ReviewHey, friends. It’s that time of the month again. Another month, another Fairyloot box review. FairyLoot’s theme for April 2022 is BITTERSWEET! Here’s what they say about what this month’s box features: “Happiness and sadness, love and betrayal, all must come to a bittersweet end. You might have been victorious… but at what cost? You can… Continue reading FairyLoot April 2022 YA Box Unboxing | Bookish Review
- Books New To Me | Top 5 Wednesday (May 4 2022)I’ve been really busy with revision and university exams, so I have not been posting on this blog— or reading at all. As a result, blog posts will not be as frequent throughout the next couple of weeks. Top 5 Wednesday was started in November 2013 and is a very much active group on Goodreads,… Continue reading Books New To Me | Top 5 Wednesday (May 4 2022)